Tuesday, February 18, 2014

"The Rape of Europa " Review

Alexa Wirth
The Rape of Europa
World War II has always been a very interesting historical topic to me. My whole life, I continue to learn new things about this war. This documentary had me engaged the whole time because it was yet another part of WWII brought to light. I was not aware of the extent the Nazis were going to in order to obtain precious works of art. I think that in a way, this information reshaped how I was viewing the war. For the longest time I just thought it was Hitler's hatred toward anyone but the aryan race, but really it went much deeper than that. He was on a mission to destroy the people and their culture, which is far worse.
This video didn’t seem bias I think I was assigned to watch this video beacause it shows that art is

a commodity to all kinds of people for many reasons, the main one being that it is our culture and 

destroying that leaves very little. Art is a part of us and our history. In some places, certain buildings 

that were the staple of that society were knocked down in an act to suppress these people. The people 

showed strength by rebuilding their monuments. This is what helped me realize how important art and 

art history are to our people.

No comments:

Post a Comment