Sunday, May 4, 2014

Hailey's Field Paper

I recently had the oppertunity to see the Maurice Sendak exhibit at the Nevada Museum of Art and I really really enjoyed seeing it.  Maurice Sendak was the creator behind the book Where the Wild Things Are.  It was so nice to see the original drawings of a book that I read and looked at so much as a kid.

The exhibit was set up wonderfully, giving the viewer room to walk around, not only the images hung on the wall, but plenty of room to walk around the pieces in the center of the room.  There was a replica boat of what was in the book and a bronze statue that set in the middle of the space as  well as a place for kids to hang out and read some of Sendak's books.  All of the images on the wall were hung at a height that kids to see them as well.

Throughout my visit there, I saw and heard at least 3 tours where kids were walking thought the space with an audio tour from someone at the museum.  I wanted to join the tour, it seemed really informative and I really liked that kids were very interested in it.

I was happy to see people actually interacting and talking in what is normally a quiet space.  It felt very comfortable to be in the gallery.  I feel as if they left enough space in the exhibit to wander freely through it.  Both kids and adults were happy, it was not generated to just one age group.  I even liked the colors that were on the wall, all in all felt like a very well put together space.

No comments:

Post a Comment